Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Results

Made it to the gym yesterday, just as planned!

I didn't sleep well the night before, so I had a hard time staying focused on what I was doing (both at work and at the gym).  Fortunately, I managed to get in a good arm workout, and did just enough squats and step ups to feel the burn, but not injure myself.  A little slow going up the stairs this morning, but it's good to know that I got it done.  Man, those guys at the gym who are lifting massive weights and grunting and screaming really make me laugh - it was hard keeping a straight face while I did my little 5 lb. bicep curls.

Stopped to pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home - dang, those things are awesome.  Served with some mashed red taters (also from the deli) and a quick salad of baby romaine, cucumber and grape tomatoes.  I've been using Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressings, which have only 35-45 calories per two tablespoons.  My favourite flavours right now are the Ranch, and the Honey Mustard.  Last week, I used the Honey Mustard to top a salad of romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber, mango, avocado and grilled chicken breast - amazing!

After a decent night's sleep, I feel so much better than yesterday, so I guess that means I'd better get some work done and earn my wage!


0 comments: